Friday 29 April 2016

SCAVENGER HUNT PHOTO CHALLENGE - APRIL

Linking up with Hawthorn at I Live, I Love, I Craft, I am Me,  for the challenge.

All the photos below, have been taken over the last few weeks, except for the Memories one.  I have had so much fun.  I was on the lookout for so much, that I surprised myself with other photos taken because I just love snapping odd things and lo and behold, there were a few that have made the cut and others taken with the challenge in mind that haven't been added,
And here we go.

ORANGE,
Berries on a pyracantha as it is Autumn here.

FEATHER.
This is one that was taken for the odd seaweed, but do you see the little feather.

FRESH.
Fresh flowers.  Two stems of orchid from the florist and camellia from my garden.  This is the one I had most trouble with as I just couldn't find what I'd thought of..  I took the photo this morning and the light is atrocious today as it has been raining a bit.
HORIZON.
A storm brewing out to sea at Warrnambool.
WET.
Water flowing over some mossy type foliage in the Umpherstone Sink Hole at Mt. Gambier.
CRAFT.
Two little wallhangings quilted  this week.  They were both made a long time ago and just need binding now.  Aah done at last.
GROWING   -  SLOWLY.
A stalagmite and stalactite trying in vain to connect in the Princess Margaret Rose Caves.  Maybe in a few thousand years.  
MEMORIES.
There were so many I considered for this, but here I am sitting on the Cow and Calf looking out over Ilkley.  Special memories indeed.
STICKS.
We found this on the beach at Inverloch and I thought, aha, another stick photo, but this one made it on.  It's from driftwood on the shoreline and I wonder who built it and why?
ANY SUBJECT!
One of the rays that swim regularly around Inverloch Jetty.  They are so beautiful and graceful, that I couldn't help picking it for my other subject.

Photos 1, 3 and 6 were taken on a local walk and at home.  2, 4, 5 and 7 taken on our trip to Bordertown in early April, 8 whilst on holiday in UK in 2009, and lastly 9 and 10,  Wednesday this week whilst on a day out to the coast.
I'll try and do a blog post in the next few days to catch up on the last leg of our trip away, but next week may be slow going as I have "two customer" quilts to do.  Luckily, both allover patterns which are quick and easy, so shouldn't take up too much time.
Well I think I'm finished and look forward to what may come next month and seeing everyone else's interpretation.  THANK YOU Hawthorn.
Have a great weekend all and take care.
Susan.

16 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation of the feather!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. Maybe someone wanted a beacon on the beach.

      Delete
  3. Many congratulations, great set of pictures.

    You have done much better than me - although I wanted to join I have failed completely and not managed a single 'challenge' picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos and I like your interpretation of each category. I think these photo scavenger hunts are a great way of making you get out and about with your camera. It's just over two years ago that we last visited the Cow and Calf though we sometimes have a ride out to Ilkley on a Sunday for a stroll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see a different interpretations of the same categories. I love the way we have cats, dogs and pheasants etc and you have a ray! Your wall hangings are beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures, I love how every one has such personal interpretations and stories - thank you for sharing :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds, I especially like, of course, your quilting and the pile of sticks is fun isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all for my lovely comments and I've been a bit pushed for time answering individually, but do appreciate what you've said.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think photo 2 is very artistic because of the heel print, tiny feather and position of the seaweed. I also love the left mini quilt; the floral one. That is very pretty. Love to see your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all your photos, but of course the driftwood on the beach is my favourite x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic photographs. 'Sticks' is my favourite, although your quilting is beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. The driftwood hut is really lovely. I read a blog and the girl who writes it makes driftwood huts and leaves them for other people as a random act of kindness! That's a really clever photo of the feather and seaweed!!

    ReplyDelete